Eucalyptus globulus has a fresh, penetrating scent. It contains a high percentage of the constituent eucalyptol, a key ingredient in many mouth rinses. Applied topically, it is often used to support the respiratory system and to soothe muscles after exercise.
Eucalyptus oil benefits are due to its ability to stimulate immunity, provide antioxidant protection and improve respiratory circulation. Tthe health benefits of eucalyptus oil come from a chemical now known as cineole — an organic compound shown to hold astounding, widespread medicinal effects, including everything from reducing inflammation and pain to killing leukemia cells!
Eucalyptus Globulus (15ml)
Ingredients: 100% pure Eucalyptus Globulus essential oil (organic)
Imported from Australia, registered with Singapore Health Science Authority (HSA notification no. CCPN1830501).
Singapore: 3 - 5 business days
Other countries: To be advised
- Stains in clothing can be easily gotten out with a paste of eucalyptus oil and liquid washing detergent. Rub it in to the stain with some thing like an old toothbrush, leave for 10 minutes and then wash as normal.
- Removing remains of anything sticky, e.g. wax, sticker. Use oil straight and rub sticky business off.
- Stuffy nose: Try boiling some water, put the plug in the sink, fill sink with hot water and 3 drops of eucalyptus oil, and drape a towel over your head to breathe the vapours. The eucalyptus oil works as an expectorant and decongestant. DON’T add 2 tablespoons of the oil to the water, as your lungs will constrict and you will be blinded for approximately 5 minutes - you have been expertly warned.
- Underarms in clothing having a residual pong (smell)? Try the same oil to laundry liquid paste as in the first tip, leave and wash as normal. No residues from under arm body odour or deodorant build up.
- Freshens and deodorises anything that may need a little lift.
- Feet looking a little funky with a touch of athletes foot? Try soaking the foot in a bucket of 1 part vinegar/ 3 parts water, dry and then dab straight eucalyptus oil on to the infected area. Eucalyptus oil works as a fungicide. It can also be used straight on any discoloured nails that may have a fungal infection.
- A mixture of Eucalyptus, bicarbonate soda and vinegar can be made up and used for cleaning all parts of the bathroom, including the toilet. Its non-toxic for drains, and is great to disinfect, deoderises, and anti-bacterial.
- For dust mite control, add a cap full to your washing machine and wash sheets and mattress protector. Soft toys can also be washed in this way. This kills the dust mite and removes allergen which can effect asthmatics.
- Insect bites can be treated with dab of straight oil.
- When cleaning out cupboards, get a 1/4 bucket of hot soapy water, with a cap full of eucalyptus oil, and wipe down shelves for clean and fresh smelling.